Well, went and did my last spring series race. Today's race was the Bradner course. It is selective. It has tons of hard rollers. It is constantly up and down. I have been suffering with a slight head cold so I was not sure of how I would do. Right when I got on my bike I knew that I would have some legs.
We basically rolled out with about 80-100 guys. Nice weather, 10 degrees overcast. The race was pretty standard for the first few laps. The first real selection was when we caught the A race. I guess they were riding "piano", so we caught them with at about 2 laps in. When we went by it was a bit of a cluster, I was mid towards the back of the group. Well 150 riders trying to ride on one side of the road made it hectic. They are supposed to neutralize and they did, but it was wierd. I was not dying to muscle one of these guys to get by faster. So I notice that our group has split and half the group is by the A group and starting to role it. I had to just about die to get across to the main group. It hurt but I was still withing myself, so that is a good thing. Eventually the bergs " Alex Berg" ( does anyone get these references? Millertime does, he loved the Jackie Childs " balm " shtick.
Anyway, back to the bergs. Guys were getting popped 2-3 at a time per lap. Next thing you know it is the last lap and there is about 40 guys, from the original 80-100 that started. I had some moments where I had to jump across because somoene folded their tent and left me hanging, but always within myself. Coming to 2 to go I moved up a bit because it looked like it would be a bunch kick. On the last lap a 3 man break went up the road. It was dangling pretty good. I thought about joining, but I thought it was coming back. Well we hit the last long hill to the finish and we caught the break and they were going about 6 km slower. We almost plowed right into them. This broke up the sprint, which is too bad because on a hill like that it is a lottery. I rode well. Really happy with how it went. Given my work to this point my form is getting there. Hopefully after Cali I can get a bit more base down and then hit a few more races. Just shows, if you go and do it good things will happen.
At the end of my drive home I could feel my calf cramping. It went away. Well when I got out of the car, my inner thigh cramped and on my right legs, so I sat down in my car seat. It did not go away, so I got up, then my left tigh cramped, so now I have the double cramp going. I couldn't walk and thought I was dying. I fell onto the grass and got out my cell phone to tell the Croatian to come help me, but she was downstairs without the phone. I could not get up and was screaming. Finally I got up, after about 5 minutes.
After, the race, I mowed the lawn,cleaned my bike, vacumed both cars, cleaned the inside, Fixed the trunk on the Cavalier', trimmed the hedges, had dinner ( chili on rice, thanks Mrs Spacemanrides )then redid the bar tape on my bike and got some clothes ready for the trip. That is a big day. The Fashionista helped clean the bike. She like to get right in there. dunking her hands in the pail, slathering soapy water all over it. She was soaking wet 5 mintes into the process.
I hurt like crazy, but let me tell you if you want to feel young, go bang bars with kids half your age. Go suffer with people who could technically be your kids and you will feel young. Only 3 dicks who drive duallies tried to mow us down.
10:00 pm, have to go to bed.
Almost forgot, Canucks pimp slapped the Wings! Ha!
Sunday, March 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment