Kraemer: I fake it sometimes...
Jerry: You fake it?
Kraemer: I fake it! You know sometimes enough is enough!
Well for the hell of it I deceided to go out and do the first spring series race of the year. I was faking it! Man, was I faking it. First of all I rarely start racing at all this early, second I have not once cracked open the motor on a ride. I have been riding a single speed road bike and those things do not allow you to go out and open it out, you are grinding or spinning. I deceided that I like to race and it was going to be a dry day. I headed out to Fort Langley to the race. Fort Langley might as well be Kansas as far as I am concerned. I hae no idea where I am anything east of south east of Richmond. No clue. They talk about all of these bridges in the traffic reports, and I hae no clue what any of them are. I get there and I deceide that it is cold and will actually have to wear a jacket and tights. It is another climate zone out in the burbs. I am racing B, there is A-D, and I would get killed in A the minute one of the symetrics guys deceided to light it up. We roll off and I know that I will be riding as "piano" as I can given my lack of fitness. I am going to try to stick near the front. For the most part this is a success. I ride in the top half of the race and I keep my nose out of the wind. That in itself is hard work. coming out of the corners I try to make sure that I hae a good wheel to follow so they do the surge/pull in the wind. 35 minutes in I get a nail through my back tire. Not only a flat but a torn sidewall. Phuck! I ride back to the start finish and I manage to negotiate a wheel from a guy. I am allowed to reenter the race but I cannot be a factor in the race, well given my suberb form that should nto be a problem. I am told that I basically have to ride in the bottom 10-15 riders of the 75 person group. That sucks, but I am game given that there are 9 to go and I have only missed one lap I m game. Let me tell you about the back of the pack. Shrapnel everywhere. It is pretty chaotic. I had no intentions of having to open up the suitcase of courage, but had to about 5 times because I would be on a wheel and the guy in front of me would just POP! I would have to fill it in my self. With one or two to go someone just sat up and then the group surged as there was 4 off the front and they were trying to bring it back. I can honestly say that I saw Jesus getting back on. Spots and dots in front of me. I was dying. From there I was just battling to recover. Wow,that was something. Coming into the last 500 meters I just rolled it in Lantre Rouge ( sp)
It was good, my back was sore though.
Big thanks to the Croation and the fashionista for letting me head out. THe Croation is great to me. I take care of the fashionista until leave time and then I take back over after. Both my ladies gave mebig kisses good bye and good lucks to the Papa. I am lucky! The Croation even made me salmon on rice with Veggies for dinner. I live pretty large. I bring my bike on vacations, get up at 6 am and ride. She is a strong women. Love her to death. she knows that I can't not ride or I become a nut job. Even if it is only to and from work.
I haven't heard from millertime for a while, must be busy hiding money for his company....or he is pissed that the Habs won't make the playoffs and did not go out and get a goalie. Hey! At least Sourey answered the bell my friend when he had to. Mr convincing is a bit low these days, given the fact that his mother lost her long and hard fought battle to cancer. She was a fighter. He is also blue about the fact that Bert is now on the wings.
Okay this is terrible to say but we screwed up our power cord on our lap top so I am on critical battery power. Oh and talked to G the other day, he is still the man!
Sunday, March 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment