Here is my cross bike for this year. It is a Redline team frame made out of Scandium tubing, with a richey WCS full carbon fork. The parts for the drivetrain are mostly 10 speed Dura Ace. The wheels are Mavic Reflex rims with Tufo Flexus tubular tires. The rear hub is an Italian FRM carbon. I run a single ring set up with an FSA carbon gaurd.
I use a 42 ring up front and a 12-27 in the rear. If you can't get up a hill with that then it is time to start running, it will be faster. The brakes are Empella Froglegs.
My friend Brad helped me spec it and he basically was nice enough to do the build for me. He has a big passion for cross, check out how he routed the front brake off of the stem. Slick! I have not weighed it, but it is somewhere in the 16 pound range. I have some carbon wheels that I may glue some tubulars to, that may skim off some weight, but with this set up I can run about 30psi and if I wreck them it will cost me 60.00 vs. 300.00, plus the time to get the new rim.
No comments:
Post a Comment