So, went to Whistler on Friday night and Saturday. Mrs Space had a conference so we stayed at the Chateau Whistler. Actually, we got upgraded to the gold suites, so we kicked it like real ballers. That was the life. Your own check in, your own lounge, continental breakfast was unbelievable with a chef their to whip you up some waffles or omelette's. Good times! Talked to Enns Senior or Ronsonic as I like to think of him. He set me up with a couple of ride options for Saturday morning. I did the ride from Whistler to Pemberton and then out to Mt Currie to do some climbing. Those are some climbs. 20% at some point. I was slated for about 3.5 hours so I basically just rode out for 1:30 and then turned around. The whole time I rode to Pembi I was thinking this is the nicest ride I have done in a long time. Scenic, nice roads, everything about it was nice. I realized that on the way back it was like that because it was tailwind and downhill. Coming back was a grind. Mostly uphill and straight headwind. It was good, but it was blowing pretty damn hard. I rode about 100km. Can't complain. Did not go really hard, but on Sunday my legs seemed flat, so I figure that I must have went harder than I thought. After my ride on Sunday, me and the Fashionista went to Watermania! It is a wave pool with water slides. Good fun! The first time down the big slide I am not sure that she was loving it. Having lying on my back and rolling it on my heals and shoulder blades and my 2 year old on my chest may not have been the best thing for our first run. I thought I was going to lose her after a couple of corners. We both had no idea what to expect hitting water at the end. I just basically hold her up best I can. She has a life jacket on so she basically goes under then pops back up. She had a blast!! Got home, cracked a few beer and watched the Nucks be horrible on the power play. Have to give them credit, no one gave them a hope. I think the reason is that they get compared to the flames a lot. The Flames are better on paper, but don't play a team defence game. Kipper was amazing, but that D was a joke. They let through 300 shots in 5 games? I doubt Phaneuf liked it when Rhudy called him on being a pussy when he got in a scrum. Put a glove in his face and he runs away. Having said that, after those comments, he did not really change much. The Canucks are going to be in tough against the Ducks for the series win and if they go down 2 games tonight they will almost be out of it. They need to be better on the PP, but their PK looks terrible. Anaheim dumps the puck out at will on the PK, Vancouver? They get hemmed in every time. If their PK is better they win the last game even without scoring on the PP. After the game i had the bad gut. Pissing from my ass so to speak. i think I drank from a grungy bottle on the weekend. It was rough.
OK, that reminds me of a story that Willowy Jen once told me. She, goes on a date with this guy, this was about 10-12 years ago. Well they are at his place ( second date I think ), well he excuses himself after dinner to go to the washroom. So, the guy lives in a small apartment, and he goes and starts dropping a bomb in the crapper. I mean a full load, with explosions and the whole thing! Lets just say that he was not getting anything that night. Her telling me about it later was just soooo classic. Kind of hedging on the description.
That is about it for me. Basso quit Discovery, what a shame. Asshat! Hamilton too. Tells a reporter from Velonews that you can take my hair anytime you want. Yeah, lets see if that is his answer now that they have bags of his blood and are looking fro DNA. Floyd too, go away. Just say you got caught up in something that was wide spread and you regret it. People will forgive you. There is NO grand conspiracy everyone. Just like when they tested the 1999 tour B samples. There were 3 riders that had been found to have EPO in their samples. LA, Beltran and Hamburger. Someone needs to explain to me if they are trying to rail road LA then why add Triki and Hamburger into the mix. To make it look good? LA never address that. It is " the French are out to get me"?
Tuesday, May 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
From VeloNews: "Tour de France director Christian Prudhomme said he's unwilling to risk allowing anyone implicated in the investigation to ride in the world's most prestigious bicycle race."
Does that mean that maybe David Millar will be the only rider in this year's Tour?
Glad ya fun on those 20% switchbacks.
Santi!!!! GIVE TYLER BACK HIS BLOOD!!!
Post a Comment