Well, that could not have gone any worse that is for sure. I got slapped around pretty good. The race basically started at the bottom of SFU and then climbed 2 k to the top and then repeat 15 times. There was almost no flat, just climbing or descending. Not really my thing, but felt that I should be there until close to the end. Well, I could not have been more wrong. We hit the climb the first time up and I was fine, but I dropped my chain. By the time I got it back on I had to make a big effort to get to the back of the pack. I got there, rolled over the top and just felt bad. My lungs were fine, but my legs were awful. It was only about 9 degrees and my legs felt cold and tight. I did not really warm up well and the staging to start took a long time not helping matters. By about 4 laps of 15 I was going to get bounced, I could tell by the other lads coming off the back. Then 5th time up someone let a gap go and I could do nothing, but ride my own pace. That is racing. Raced a whole 1:35. Terrible. 55.00 for that? I should have been a lot better, but if I have an excuse it is that I have not done a real race for a bit. When you are trying to get by on minimum training, you need to be racing a bit more. I have had a 3 or 4 week break. That is too long. Also, it may be time to pick my spots a bit better and not enter courses of this style. Straight up and straight down with no flats probably is going to be tough for me to do well at with the hours I ride. Ah, that is an excuse and nothing else. I just stunk it up bad and I am a bit embarrassed by it. i have a race this weekend and hope to do a bit better. From there it is the Test of Metal MTB race and then a holiday of sorts and after that start ramping it up for some cross racing. That is what it is all about for me. I see a lot of the guys I cross race against riding really well right now. I have to hope that they tail off a bit by year end. Having said that most of them can't bunny hop a curb, so that is a big help. If they figure out how to ride their bikes, I am screwed....
What else is going on? not too much. I had a coke for the first time since Palm Springs. It is nectar of the gods. Other than that I have been keeping it real by logging lots of park time with the Fashionista.
Hey! Anyone remember Kramer getting Jerry to pick up the Cubans for him, but it turns out that they are Dominicans? Then Kraemer dresses them up as Cubans and tries to sell them to Earl Hathaway. do you remember Earl Hathaway? He was the guy that Kraemer was betting arrivals with at the airport waiting for Jerry to come in from Ithaca. That is the genius of Seinfeld, how they subtly work people into the line up again and again!!!
Peace,
Spacious
Monday, May 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment