
Sitting here watching all of the post game review of the stanley cup finals. In case you live in a cave with no TV, the Ducks won. Ahh, hoping for the Sens, but there are 3 Manitoba boys on the team and when you factor in Teemu that is actually 4. Not too shabby. I believe 16 of 18 are from Canada so that is cool.
We are going to Europe! It is going on a short time line ( 2 weeks ), but it will be a great time! Going to Germany and then doing some driving through Germany, Austria, and then into Croatia. We will then make our way to the Coast where the space-in-laws live. Jetting out on the 21st of this month. I may end up doing another road race this weekend. There is a race about 1 hour away. Man, I have not done this much racing in a long time. Especially road. I think that I am the last one of any of my close friends that I started racing with who has a race license? Things move on I guess. Lets face it bikes are pretty frivolous and there are many other worth while things to be doing. I actually feel bad knowing that a lot of my friends have stopped riding/racing and I forge on. I wonder if I have gotten it all wrong. there are things that I miss out on. Getting up at 5:30-9 so that I can ride on the weekends gets old and I miss the Fashionista waking up. I miss the Mrs when I get up that early. I ride a lot by myself, almost exclusively, for many months of the year. It can be a bit of a lonely proposition. I still love to pin a number on though. Not more than I love my family, but I like riding hard. If I get popped in a race or have a bad race I don't care that much. I know that if I have a good race it is probably because I was smart, not the strongest guy given my hours on the bike. I have had like 7 beers since Palm Springs. Seems like if I am going to get up early beers does not make sense, if I try to have a few after a race or a hard ride I pass out at like 9:00 pm.....not that I stay awake past 10:30 on a stellar night.
Talking to Ronsonic today and he was telling me that he is doing an mtb race with his daughter. Cool!! He can ride! His girl can ride too! What a cool thing to be able to do with your kid. Seeing how I had mine at 34 it may not happen that I do that with my kid, but I hope I can at least ride with her or run with her not just be a useless phuck who has a gut.
They are saying that Teemu will retire. I will never forget when he broke Mike Bossy's rookie scoring record and in celebration he threw his glove in the air and shot it out of the air. That was a long time ago! I am old.
I was told that when I go to Croatia that it will be a cultural awakening. Funny how when I took her to Winnipeg she did not view it as such.
If a couple had no ability to have children of your own would you cut those people slack for stealing someone elses child? They found some missing girl in a couples basement locked away somewhere in the states.... Okay rambling now, I should get off this thing
One of my favorite Seinfeld's was on last night. It is the one where the K man walks in a asks if this where you are doing the interference? the K man also tells George to break up with her to turn the tables on her! I could have used that one once or twice in my dating career. The preemptive strike as Jerry would call it. And last but not least the Pez dispenser and the piano recital. the interference! Classic!
No comments:
Post a Comment